Superfine Wheat Bran
Wheat Bran is the outer hard shell of the wheat kernel. It is very high in fiber, which makes it a great addition to our day to day food habits such as in wheat roti flour/chakki atta or in juices. FOODThink Superfine Wheat Bran is extremely fine and has a low moisture content since it is gently roasted.
Wheat bran is commonly accepted in healthy food products like bran cereals, bran flakes, bran biscuits, muffins etc. Wheat bran when blended with whole wheat flour/atta makes it more valuable for giving stomach related consistency. It also helps in curing constipation problems as it is very high in dietary fiber. Some also claim that foods containing bran satisfy the appetite. This claim may be true as its high level of fiber absorbs water and fulfill the digestive system.
The nutritional benefits of wheat bran are quite undeniable. Previous, it was believed that it might fight cancer, but this belief couldn’t get any evidence till now. However, a cup (58 g) of wheat bran provides significant nutritional value to our body. One full cup of wheat bran contains 99% of recommended daily allowance (RDA) of fiber, nine grams of protein, and 34% of the RDA for iron. It is also rich in minerals and vitamins magnesium, manganese, niacin, phosphorus, zinc and vitamin B6. Bran is a low fat, low cholesterol, sugar-free and no sodium food. As it is low in cholesterol and sugar-free food, it is considered an ideal food for diabetics as well as everyone who likes to stay healthy.
Discover the taste
Mix it in your Roti Dough
Blend it in Milkshakes and Soups
Sprinkle over Fresh Fruits and Yoghurt
Fortify your Cereal and Bread-Crumbs
Revitalize your Cookies and Pancakes
Health Benefits of Wheat Bran:
- This product is very high in fiber which helps in preventing colon diseases, stomach cancer and gallbladder diseases.
- Bran is low cholesterol and sugar-free food product, hence considered as an ideal diabetic food, it also helps in treating type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Wheat bran can efficiently control appetite and increase satiety which prevents overeating and maintain the body.
- Wheat bran is a rich source of iron which makes it a very good product for anaemic people.
- Unsaturated fatty acids help in increasing the good cholesterol in our body.
Nutrition Of Wheat Bran Per 100gm
|Results of Analysis
Tropical Bran Smoothie
- ½ cup water
- 2 ice cubes
- 3 tablespoons FOODThink Superfine Wheat Bran
- 1 cup sliced pineapple
- 1 banana
- ½ cup yoghurt
- ½ cup fresh berries or concentrate
Take all the fresh ingredients together, put it in a blender, cover and blend the ingredients into a thick, creamy smoothie. Garnish with fresh berries and a pinch of wheat bran. Serve immediately.